Thursday, March 10, 2016

Bargain (part 2)

As you know, the yellow watering can that I shared Monday was one of my recent bonus rewards purchases. I spent the remainder of my wad on this wire floor basket. I like its vintage farmhouse look, but I especially like the roping rim which adds a nautical flair.

The only problem was that the rope had unraveled in a spot. See it in the picture below? Upon inspection, I figured I could mend it and decided its 60% discount was worth it.



I did my repair job and put it in our bedroom. It has endless possibilities for use, but for now is holding a few of our lighthouse books (we lighthouse enthusiasts have a good collection) . A small floor lamp will be added in the near future, but I want to hit it with some paint first.



The lighthouse throw (a gift from my cousin) seemed to go well on Randy's great-grandfather's chair.


In the future I can use this basket in the hall bath for rolled-up towels or even in the great room for throws and pillows. It's pretty versatile. Additioanlly, it was a good deal since I got it and the watering can for a little over $10. Don't you love bargains?!