Monday, March 28, 2016

New Look for an Old Lamp

I needed to add a lamp to the corner of our bedroom. We have an old family chair and the vintage-looking farm basket already in place, but a lamp was necessary. I had one in mind, but it needed some attention so it's been a project-in-progress. Finally, we have the right combination of some spare time and ideal spray painting weather, so I tackled it.

This is a lamp I have had since college. It works well, I like the style and it is perfect for the space in which it's needed. However, I wanted to do something with the finish.


I'm not saying it's too shiny, but it actually caught my reflection in its finish!

I decided to go for a hammered finish by using this product.


Although you can't truly appreciate the difference in appearance by means of a picture, it definitely has an entirely new look. I'm not 100% certain that it's exactly what I had envisioned, but I am going to live with it for a week, or so, to see if it works or if I want to try tweaking it.







I hope your day is going well!