Friday, May 20, 2016

Paper Stars

Something about my mantel has been bothering me ever since I finished it. It was lacking something and I could envision an improvement by adding two more small stars on the end with the lantern.


I'm not a shopper, but whenever I was out on errands I would take a look to see if I could find some 3 dimensional stars. Yesterday I happened to stumble upon this star at Walmart when I was getting cleaning supplies. It seemed the right size and was under $4, so I threw it in the cart.
I still needed a little one, though, so I decided I would make what I needed. I found an online template for 3-D stars, printed them and began folding! Craft paper was too thick, so I used regular copy paper and then gave them a light mist of silver spray paint. In the end, I only had a spot for one.






I am satisfied now!  By the way, look at these cute patriotic kitchen towels that my sister-in-law gave me last night. They will be just the right touch!

My stars! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!