Monday, May 9, 2016

Patriotic Mantel

I am finally replacing my springtime decorations with summer. From now through July, we'll have a patriotic-coastal feel so I began with my mantel and gave it a vibrant Americana look.

The star was one of those I found at a garage sale last year. A light dusting of silver spray paint gave it the color I desired. For color, I used a fabric remnant from my stash. The eagle is one of Randy's from the office and I tossed some Christmas ornaments (shhh!) in a small bowl and tried to make them look like ordinary balls!

My lantern has been used in many different spots, with many different looks,  in the few years that I've had it! It was an Old Time Pottery deal.



At least the fireplace is set for Memorial Day and will carry us through July 4th. Now on to the rest of the house...