Friday, May 13, 2016

Show and Tell

I have a little "show and tell" for you this fine Friday! Since I am using star accents in my seasonal patriotic decorations, I've shopped the house for items that I could use. Then I remembered this little antique lamp at my parents' house. Hmmm...wouldn't that fit in perfectly?

Aren't those cute little red stars on the milk glass shade? This lamp was a gift to my mother's parents when they were married 80 years ago. We're not positive at what point my mother was given it, but I know that it's been part of our household since I was little. My mother remembers rewiring it years ago and it's been casting its soft glow ever since. When I got my new French Provincial bedroom set in third grade, this was the lamp on my desk. When our family moved to the house in which my parents still live, it went in the guest room on the bedside table. It's currently in their family room, but I get to borrow it for the summer since it fits my decorating theme! We'll, very carefully, wrap it, bring it here and put it in the perfect spot that I have in mind.


Have a bright and happy weekend!