Thursday, May 26, 2016

Unkept Josephs

Do you like sloppy joes? When I was growing up, our pastor used to call them "unkept Josephs" and I thought that was so funny! Here is a little twist on the old classic, which I originally found in my Taste of Home magazine last year.  Add some baked potato wedges and a salad and you're set for a quick meal. 


Greek Sloppy Joes
1 pound lean ground beef
2 garlic cloves, minced
onion powder
salt to taste
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 can tomato soup
(**the recipe calls for tomato sauce, but soup results in a better consistency and flavor)
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

Cook and crumble meat, garlic and onion powder. Drain and then add oregano and soup. Simmer until warm and well blended. Serve on a split roll. Sprinkle top of meat with crumbled feta cheese just before adding the bun "lid".
By the way, I added additional cheese after the photo was taken because it seemed a little skimpy!

Maybe you'd like to try it sometime...