Friday, February 24, 2017

Easy Bouquet

When you're ready for some spring flowers inside your house, here's an easy idea. It's an inside-out bouquet, so you'll need artificial daffodils or tulips since no water is involved.

Begin with fake spring flowers of your choice, an old empty jar (or drinking glass or vase), two wide rubber bands and scrap ribbon (or lace or twine) of your choice.

Attach two wide rubber bands to your container, with one placed near the top and one near the bottom. My top band needed to be doubled around the jar due to its size. By the way, the lid does need to be removed, but I hadn't done so yet when I snapped the picture.

One at a time, slip in the stems behind the rubber bands.


When you're finished, wrap your ribbon to conceal the rubber bands.



Notes:
You'll want to select realistic-looking flowers for this project. I have found that Hobby Lobby or Michaels carries good selections and you can either hit their sales or use their coupons.

My jar was an olive jar and I needed about 35 stems for mine.

Enjoy your weekend!