Friday, August 12, 2016

Table Facelift

My parents rearranged a few things in their downstairs bonus room and, in the process, decided to use this table between their two comfy recliners. I neglected to take a picture of it before removing the glass top, but here it is ready for paint (on my attractive cardboard base).



We decided the little table needed a facelift. My mother received it as a gift many years ago when the green patina finish was very popular. I offered to spray paint it oil rubbed bronze to give it a new look. After painting, though, the leaves needed some depth so I pulled out my "Rub 'n Buff". Are you familiar with it? 


It's wax based and you apply it with your finger or a soft cloth to an already-painted surface to achieve a metallic finish. It's available in many different colors. Mine happens to be  copper. A little product goes a long way, which is why the tube is small. It's great for lamp bases, picture frames, furniture, etc. Here's the same leaf on the table before (albeit a fuzzy shot) and after.






A little paint can make a big difference in giving something a fresh, new look.


Happy Friday! Enjoy your weekend.