Friday, September 9, 2016

Cinnamon Pancakes

This pancake mix is easy to put together and you can pull it out as needed. I often add cinnamon to pancakes (even if I am using add-water-only mixes) so I included it in this recipe, too.


Cinnamon Pancake Mix
3 cups flour
2 T. sugar
1 1/2 T. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1-2 T. cinnamon

Combine mix and store in an airtight container or bag. Be sure to note the expiration date on your flour so that you know the shelf life of your mix.

When ready to prepare  pancakes, combine a cup of mix, a cup of milk and an egg. Stir well and prepare on your hot griddle. Cook through until golden brown. Add fresh fruit of your choice and toppings to your liking. I don't care for pancake syrup, so I enjoyed mine with melted butter and fresh peaches.
Maybe you'll want fresh pancakes for your Saturday morning breakfast tomorrow. Any way you stack it, flapjacks are butter when you fix them with your favorite toppings!