Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Tuesday's Tablescape

I've always been drawn to cobalt and white pieces so you can imagine how these two items caught my eye at a yard sale Saturday. The sturdy candleholder can be used in a variety of ways and the little plate is intended to be a wall hanging. At 50 cents each, I scooped up both!

They inspired today's tablescape, so I picked through my cabinet and put together a cobalt and white table with red apple accents.

This plate was given to me by my paternal great aunt and uncle. It's a family heirloom which belonged to my great grandparents, so it's a treasure. It is usually on display in the dining room.

This is Saturday's plate, which I rested on top of a white plate.

These two plates and the rectangular centerpiece platter were gifts I received for Christmas years ago. They, too, are typically on display.





Although the centerpiece apples are faux, this one is the "real deal".

If you're local, your mouth is already watering at the sight of this treat. It's a Merb's Bionic sold at our area Dierberg's grocery stores. Unlike any caramel apple you've ever tasted, the silky covering is just the right sweetness to complement the tart Granny Smith within. Large, flavorful pecans top it off. They are big on flavor, but too large  to eat solo! We will be sharing this after dinner tonight.

Enjoy the remainder of your day!